Waving, 12x9 inches, pastel on paper, ©Lynn Goldstein more info here
So, do you feel like you are living inside a sci-fi novel yet? Trust me, I am not making light. With the supermarket aisles devoid of canned goods, meats, produce, and TP, not to mention anti-bacterial gel and wipes, it feels pretty eery. That, coupled with all the news that is coming at us every day. I have been pretty anxious.
Music has always been my go-to when I feel upset. Putting on some music has helped me since I was a little girl and I listened to 45 rpm records of Walt Disney musical hits. (I KNOW! I am aging myself)
Music has also been a constant while I am making my paintings. I have certain go-to music for my different moods. I also use music if I feel that the work is getting less lively and I want the art to project a lively, upbeat feeling . I bet you can figure out from the list below which music I use to bring more life to my art. Interestingly, I think that some of the art that I make has a musical rhythm in it.
Energetic Conversation, 9x12 inches, pastel on paper, ©Lynn Goldstein, more info here
Here is a list of my favorite music to listen to while I am creating my artwork and to lift my spirits:
1. The Brandenburg Concertos by J.S. Bach (all of ‘em)
2. Water Music Suite by George Frederic Handel
3. The Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi
4. Greatest Hits of Ladysmith Black Mambazo
5. The music of George Gershwin (I never tire of Rhapsody in Blue)
6. Almost anything Motown and soul, with a special emphasis on the Four Tops, Temptations, Aretha Franklin, and Marvin Gaye
7. Keri Noble’s self titled album of 2005 and Fearless from 2004
8. Everything from Eva Cassidy
9. Sara Bareilles
There are a lot more that I could list, but this covers a wide range.
If you an Amazon Prime member, I want to recommend Amazon Music to you. It’s wonderful. There is more music available on Prime than you could imagine, and you can make playlists of your favs.
I’d love to know what you like to listen to while you work. I may add it to my rotation. Always looking for new music to enjoy.